Pole d'Hydrobiologie - INRA
64310 Saint-Pée sur Nivelle France
Tel : 05 59 51 59 80
Fax: 05 59 54 51 52
e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Cursus and training
PhD at Claude Bernard University - Lyon 1, France, on the Conservation Biology of an endemic percid of the Rhône river basin, Zingel asper. More informations on the species status and its protection are available here and here.
From 2002 to 2005, I got a post-doctoral position at GAVRNA (Navarra, Spain). I studied the impact of river fragmentation on population biology in brown trout (Salmo trutta).
My current research fields mainly gather around one single question : how can we model individual variation and behaviour in natural populations models ? This question implies first a technical challenge, to develop various and novative modelling approaches, that may authorize a realistic integration of individual behaviour. Second, such models may help to understand the role of individual variability (phenotype or behaviour) in population dynamics and genetics. I am currently applying this approach to sexual selection in brown trout, and to the role of adaptation in the invasion process of Kerguelen subantarctic islands by salmonids.
More details are available at the , a place where scientists and students of my lab can explain and illustrate their research.
- The SALMEVOL-2 project (2014-2018) investigates the evolutionary ecology of Kerguelen Islands colonization by salmonids. It is funded by the IPEV Polar Institute, the final report for the SALMEVOL-1 project can be found here (in french).
- Technical collaboration :
My modelling works are part of the Capsis-4 community, in collaboration with François de Coligny, (UMR INRA AMAP). Some infos about the Capsis-4 platform : http://coligny.free.fr
- Jordi Gil's PhD has now ended ! His dissertation can be found here (in french), and the papers references are provided below.
- Zoé Gauthey's PhD has now ended ! Her dissertation (in english) can be found here, the papers references are below.
- Gauthey, Z., Hendry A.P., Elosegi, A., Tentelier, C., Labonne, J. (2016). The context dependence of assortative mating illustrated with conspecific salmonid populations. Journal of Evolutionary Biology, DOI: 10.1111/jeb.12914.
- Labonne, J., Kaeuffer, R., Guéraud, F., Zhou, M., Manicki, A., Hendry, A.P. (2016). From the bare minimum: genetics and selection in populations founded by one female. Evolutionary Ecology Research, 17:21-34.
- Gil, J., Labonne, J., Caudron, A. (2016). Evaluation of strategies to conserve and restore intraspecific biodiversity of brown trout: outcomes from genetic monitoring in the French Alps. Reviews in Fish Biology and Fisheries. 26: 1-11.
- Régnier, T., Labonne, J., Chat, J., Yano, A., Guiguen, Y., Bolliet, V. (2015). No gender effect on energetic status and early life history in brown trout (Salmo trutta). Royal Society Open Science, 2: 150441.
- Gauthey, Z., Panserat, S., Elosegi, A., Herman, A., Tentelier, C., Labonne, J. (2016). Experimental evidence of population differences in reproductive investment conditional on environmental stochasticity. Science of the Total Environment, 541: 143-148.
- Gauthey, Z., Lang, M., Elosegi, A., Tentelier, C., Rives, Labonne, J. (2015). Brown trout spawning habitat selection and its effects on egg survival. Ecology of Freshwater Fish, doi: 10.1111/eff.12262.
- Gil J, Caudron A, Labonne J (2015) Can female preference drive intraspecific diversity dynamics in brown trout (Salmo trutta L.)? Ecology of Freshwater Fish. doi: 10.1111/eff.12215
- Gauthey, Z., Freychet, M., Manicki, A., Herman, A., Lepais, O., Panserat, S., Elosegi, A., Tentelier, C., Labonne, J. 2015. The concentration of plasma metabolites varies throughout reproduction and affects offspring number in wild brown trout (Salmo trutta). Comparative Biochemistry and Physiology A Molecular and Integrative Physiology, 184: 90-96.
- Teichert, N.; Valade, P.; Lim, P.; Dauba, F.; Labonne, J.; Richarson, M.; Bosc, P.; Gaudin, P.2014. Habitat selection in amphidromous Gobiidae of Reunion Island: Sicyopterus lagocephalus (Pallas, 1770) and Cotylopus acutipinnis (Guichenot, 1863). Environmental Biology of Fishes, 97:255-266.
- Labonne, Jacques; Vignon, Matthias; Prevost, Etienne; et al.2013. Invasion dynamics of a fish-free landscape by brown trout (Salmo trutta). PLOS One 8: e71052.
- Régnier, T., Bolliet V., Gaudin, P., and Labonne, J. 2013. Bigger is not always better: egg size influences survival throughout incubation in brown trout (Salmo trutta). Ecology of Freshwater Fish 22:169-177.
- Régnier, T., Bolliet V., Gaudin, P., and Labonne, J. 2012. Female Effects on Offspring Energetic Status and Consequences on Early Development in Yolk Feeding Brown Trout (Salmo trutta) Journal of Experimental Zoology Part A - Ecological Genetics and Physiology 317A:347-358.
- Labonne, J., Régnier, T., and Tentelier. 2012. Reproductive system in brown trout: ongoing evolution ? In : Trout: from physiology to conservation, Moon, T.W, and Polakof, S. Eds. Nova.
- Régnier, T., Bolliet, V., Gaudin, P., and Labonne, J. 2012. Female effects on offspring energetic status and consequences on early development in yolk feeding brown trout (Salmo trutta). Journal of Experimental Zoology Part A, 317A:347-358.
- Acolas, M. L., Labonne, J., Baglinières, J. L., and Roussel, J. M. 2012. The role of body size versus growth on the decision to migrate: a case study with Salmo trutta. Naturwissenschaften, 99:11-21.
- Régnier, T., Labonne, J., Gaudin, P., and Bolliet, V. 2012. Influence of energetic status on ontogenetic niche shifts: emergence from the redd is linked to metabolic rate in brown trout. Oecologia 168:371-380.
- Tentelier, C., Larrieu, M., Aymes, J.C., and Labonne, J. 2011. Male antagonistic behaviour after spawning suggest paternal care in brown trout (Salmo trutta). Ecology of freshwater fish (DOI: 10.1111/j.1600-0633.2011.00507.x).
- Gaucherel, C. Salomon, L., and Labonne, J. 2011. Variable self-similar sinuosity properties within simulated networks. Earth Surface Processes and Landforms, 36:1313-1320.
- Aymes, J.C., Larrieu, M., Tentelier, C. and Labonne, J. 2010. Occurrence and variation of egg cannibalism in brown trout, Salmo trutta. Naturwissenschaften, 97:435-439.
- Labonne, J. and Hendry A.P. 2010. Natural and sexual selection giveth and taketh away reproductive barriers: models of population divergence in guppies. American Naturalist, 176:26-39.
- Imbert, H., Labonne, J., Rigaud, C. and Lambert, P. 2010. Resident and migratory tactics in freshwater European eels are size-dependent. Freswhater Biology, 55:1483-1493.
- Régnier, T., Bolliet, V., Labonne, J., and Gaudin, P. 2010. Assessing maternal effects on metabolic rate dynamics along early development in brown trout (Salmo trutta): an individual-based approach. Journal of Comparative Physiology B., 180:25-31.
- Labonne, J., Augéry, M., Parade, M., Brinkert, S., Prévost, E., Héland, M., and Beall, E. 2009. Female preference for male body size in brown trout (Salmo trutta): is big still fashionable ? Animal Behaviour, 77 : 129-137
- Labonne, J., Ravigné, V., Parisi, B., and Gaucherel, C. 2008. Linking dendritic networks structure to population demogenetics : the downside of connectivity. Oikos, 117: 1479-1490
- Bolliet, V. and Labonne, J. 2008. Individual patterns of rhythmic swimming activity in Anguilla anguilla glass eels synchronised to water current reversal. Journal of experimental marine Biology and Ecology, 362:125-130.