Group leader of the Plant Virus team of UMR 1332 BFP
- Date of birth : 28 juillet 1959
- INRA senior scientist
- Diplômes :
1994 Habilitation à diriger des recherches. U. Bordeaux 2
1984 Thèse de Docteur Ingénieur. U. Bordeaux 2
1981 Ingénieur Agronome. Institut National Agronomique Paris-Grignon
Phone (33)5 57 12 23 89, Fax (33) 5 57 12 23 84, mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Group leader of the Plant Virus team of UMR 1332 BFP. The PV team counts over 20 permanent staff, including a dozen of scientists or ingénieurs (support scientists). It is active in two main research areas, the first of which is the mechanistic study of plant virus interactions, with particular emphasis on plant genes and mechanisms of plant resistance (or susceptibility) to viruses and of viral genes and mechanisms involved in resistance breaking. The second area of activity is the development of detection and characterization techniques for plant viruses, applied to the study of viral diversity (metagenomics) and to the identification of viral agents associated with plant diseases of unknown origin (etiology), with direct implications in the diagnostic field.
View full publication list (ProdINRA, the INRA publications database)
Additional activities :
- Associated Editor of the European Journal of Phytopathology.
- Senior Editor of the Journal of Plant Pathology.
- Associated Editor of Phytopathology.
- Member of the Scientific Council of the Doctoral School "Sciences de la Vie et de la Santé" of the University of Bordeaux.
- President of the Comité de Programme of the Systèmes Biologiques Division of CIRAD.
- Vice Chair of the Scientific Panel on Plant Health (PLH) de l'European Food Safety Authority (EFSA).